Scientific name : Curcuma longa
- Imparts bright yellow color to the dishes.
- Staple of Indian and Middle Eastern cuisines.
- Touts up golden spices latte, healthy salad dressings and soups.
- Curcumin is the active component in turmeric
- Jacked with antioxidants, anti-cancer, anti-inflammatory, anti-angiogenic, antimicrobial, anti-parasitic properties.
- Extensively used in Ayurveda, traditional Indian and Chinese medicines.
- Used to treat inflammatory conditions, arthritis, digestive ailments and liver.