₹60 – ₹190
A cherished cousin of ginger, turmeric is a root that accounts for an excess of uses in our kitchens and lives. Bright orange-yellow in colour with a heady fragrance, turmeric has a unique earthy taste, with a touch of citrusy bitterness and the numbing punch of pepper.
Scientific name – Curcuma longa
One tablespoon of turmeric powder contains:
Calories- 29 g
Protein- 0.91 g
Fat- 0.31 g
Carbohydrates – 6.31 g
Fiber- 2.1 g
Sugar- 0.3 g
A cherished cousin of ginger, turmeric is a root that accounts for an excess of uses in our kitchens and lives. Bright orange-yellow in colour with a heady fragrance, turmeric has a unique earthy taste, with a touch of citrusy bitterness and the numbing punch of pepper. It is a staple in all Indian cooking, with its primary compound curcumin, giving the delectable dishes that lovely yellow tinge, a staining quality that can often turn against us. Coined as the most powerful spices of all, haldi is every Indian household’s go-to fix for a variety of health problems. Its incredible list of healing properties include antioxidant, anti-viral, anti-bacterial, anti-fungal, anti-carcinogenic, anti-mutagenic and anti-inflammatory – that should be an enough number of benefits to make you look up and rethink its usage in your food!
● Relief from Arthritic Pain -Turmeric’s anti-inflammatory properties have been instrumental in treating osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis. Consumption on a daily basis will help people relieve themselves of mild joint pains and inflammation.
● Turmeric Aids in Digestion– Raw consumption of turmeric will help in digestive problem. The major components of the spice stimulate the gall bladder to produce bile, instantly making the digestive system more efficient and will help to reduce symptoms of bloating and gas.
● Turmeric Has Healing Properties– Remember how turmeric used to be every grandmother’s pet suggestion to treat any cut, burn, or infection? Because its natural antiseptic and anti-bacterial properties make it an effective disinfectant. The powder can be sprinkled on the affected area to help it heal faster. Instead of turning to a pill, the next time you experience an upset stomach or heartburn, try this super spice instead.
● Turmeric Helps Boost Immunity– Lipopolysaccharide – a substance in turmeric with anti-bacterial, anti-viral, and anti-fungal agents helps stimulate the human immune system. Take a teaspoon of the spice powder in a glass of warm milk daily and you’ll see it work wonders as it reduces your chances of catching the flu.
● It is an antiseptic and has many other qualities.
● Turmeric when added in milk is loaded with anti-inflammatory properties and it can help you promote heart health.
● Turmeric helps the body in fighting against foreign agents too.
● Whether ingested or applied, it heals scars and cracked heels.
● It removes acne and pimples.
100gm, 250gm, 500gm